13 Bingeable True Crime Podcasts for Your Next Road Trip
Summer is road trip season! These bingeable true crime and serialized fiction podcasts featuring murders, white collar crimes, and cults will keep you on the edge of your seat and help you kill time on the road—literally. Buckle up for an intense audio adventure all the way to your destination.
1. The ‘Alice isn’t Dead’ podcast is perfect for anyone with a penchant for moody, dark, serialized fiction.
The story follows an anxiety-ridden truck driver on a road trip (how meta) in search for her missing wife. She encounters serial killers and a town lost in time. Buckle up as the narrator declares, “This is not a story. It’s a road trip...”
2. In ‘The Missing Cryptoqueen’, a business woman launched a new cryptocurrency that promised to change money forever. Upon racking up billions in investment, she suddenly vanished.
Was this all a scam? Or was she kidnapped? Join in on the search for Dr. Ruja and the truth behind her company, OneCoin.
3. The ‘Man in the Window’ is not for the faint of heart. It’s about one of the most prolific serial killers in California history, the Golden State Killer.
He hovers over the windows of sleeping women, ransacks homes, and slaughters animals. Trace his path of devastation through interviews with survivors and investigators:
4. CBC’s ‘Sanctioned’ chronicles the arrest and trial of the Huawei executive and heiress, Meng Wanzhou.
In 2018, Meng was placed under house arrest in Vancouver, Canada from the request of American authorities for violating sanctions on Iran. This placed Canada in the middle of a global trade war. Dive into the complicated entanglement of diplomacy, international trade, and the technological arms race over 5G:
5. How far would parents go to get their children into elite schools? ‘Gangster Capitalism’ cracks down on the largest college admissions scam ever.
Take a look behind the elaborate system that bribes exam monitors and coaches, falsify test scores, and fabricate athletic scores—all to the benefit of wealthy parents securing slots for their kids at Ivy League schools.
6. The mysterious disappearance of a sex worker from Long Island triggered a series of gruesome discoveries. Uncover the shocking findings on ‘LISK: Long Island Serial Killer.’
Police found human remains from nine more murders, many of whom were sex workers whose bodies were similarly disposed of.
7. ‘Fake Heiress’ tells the story of Anna Delvey, a woman who conned New York’s high society into believing that she was a multi-millionaire heiress.
Learn the rise and fall of Anna Delvey and her art of millennial swindling.
👠 Can’t get enough of Anna Delvey? Here’s a whole playlist with podcasts dedicated to the wannabe socialite:
8. ‘Missing & Murdered: Finding Cleo’ recalls one woman’s search for the truth about her missing sister. It also reveals a broader, dark chapter in Canada’s Indigenous history.
Cleo was only 11-years-old before she was stolen, murdered, and missing. The only proof of her existence is a tiny, undated school photo. A clue emerges which will take her sister’s search in unexpected directions:
9. This Oprah-endorsed self-help guru killed three followers at his New Age retreat. Binge this new true crime series, ‘Guru: The Dark Side of Enlightenment.’
Learn about his extreme methods that push his pupils to the limits and what happens when it all goes too far.
For more cult-ish stuff, check out this playlist:
10. A parent’s worst nightmare is when their kids go missing. The Boogeyman is back and raising living hell to Atlanta’s parents in 1978.
Learn how: “It’s 10pm, do you know where your children are?” became a chilling nightly public service announcement:
11. Americans were shocked when Bill Cosby, ‘America’s dad,’ was revealed as a predator. The ‘Chasing Cosby’ podcast reveals it all.
He led a dark secret life praying on women. Survivors speak out about the experiences and what his conviction means to them. Listen to the rise and fall of Bill Cosby:
12. Women can also be the deadly ones that kill. ‘Female Criminals’ examines the psychology, motivations, and atrocities of female felons named ‘Black Widows’.
Meet Belle, the Mistress of Murder Hill. She lured suitors to her Indiana farm and none of them were ever seen or heard from again.
13. ‘The Officer’s Wife’ examines the evidence in the 2016 shooting of a 19-year-old wife and mother and asks: Who pulled the trigger?
Underneath her body, police discovered the service weapon belonging to her husband, a police officer. It’s a story that changed this small town forever:
Hungry for more true crime?
Check out this playlist full of binge-worthy long-from true crimes. Happy sleuthing!