Podcasts are one of the best ways to learn. Here's a round-up of the top interviews recommended by the Podyssey community that'll make you smarter. With these educational podcasts, you’ll learn everything from using comedy to start a revolution to making an ethical true crime podcast.
1. Learn why Malcolm Gladwell's “10,000-Hour Rule” is wrong and why we should be generalists.
2. Learn how to turbocharge your learning with polymath and prof Barbara Oakley.
3. Learn how to make ethical true crime podcasts with the top true crime podcasters in the world.
4. Learn how to use feminism to make peace in the Middle East.
5. Learn how to use satirical comedy to ignite political revolution from Egypt’s “Jon Stewart”.
6. Learn how to be anti-racist with prof and author Dr. Ibram X Kendi.
Continue your anti-racism learning with this podcast playlist:
7. Learn about the historical struggle between Black Americans and McDonald’s.
8. Learn whether vitamin supplements actually do anything for our bodies.
9. Learn about food, space, and travel from the late Anthony Bourdain.
10. Learn how workism and burnout culture has plagued our society.
To dive deeper into workism, checkout this playlist:
11. Learn how childhood trauma affects all of us with renowned trauma expert Dr. Gabor Mate.
12. Learn how to be happy with Yale’s happiness professor Dr. Laurie Santos. Spoiler alert: Winning the lottery is not the answer.
Dive deeper into understanding happiness with this podcast playlist:
More Deep Dives
Curated Podcast Topics
Fighting Climate Change with National Geographic
Three Amazing Stories About Our Bodies
The Birth of American Music
TikTok Mania (Updated)
Has Big Tech gotten too big? (Updated)
BIPOC Mental Health Guide
Who Killed the Women of Juárez? Investigate with iHeartRadio.
13 Bingeable True Crime Podcasts for Your Next Road Trip
Unpacking Cancel Culture
8 Stories of Kindness